Excision of Sebaceous Cyst Post Operative Care
- Normally is a Day Only Procedure.
- Please note following general anaesthetic, you must not drive or travel on public transport alone for 24 hours and you must ensure that you have someone to take you home from the hospital.
At Home after the Operation
- Dressings will fall off in 24 to 48 hours. You may shower.
- Sutures will dissolve in approximate 3 to 4 weeks from surgery. DO NOT TRY TO REMOVE THESE EARLY BY PULLING ON THEM.
- It is important to wear two pairs of supportive under pants; this will help to reduce the amount of swelling that you may have post procedure.
- It is normal to see a little bruising in the first week or so.
- Occasionally, using ice packs to your scrotal area will help decrease swelling and bruising.
- Take pain relief as prescribed by your doctor. This is very useful in the first 48hrs.
Note: Codeine can cause constipation.
- Do not undertake heavy lifting, straining at constipation or strenuous exercise for 10 days to 2 weeks following the procedure.
- Some bruising and swelling of the scrotum in the first week is normal.
Contact your Surgeon
Contact your Surgeon if you have any of these problems after surgery
- Fever (with a temperature of more than 38°C) or chills
- Heavy bleeding from the incision
- Increasing swelling of the scrotum or swelling around the surgical sites
- Increasing pain
- Redness spreading from incision points
- Any other concerns regarding your surgery
- Please ring the rooms to make a follow up appointment as advised
- Do not hesitate to ring the rooms earlier if any concerns or questions