Dr. Justin Vass
Dr Justin Vass is a fully qualified Sydney Urologist specializing in minimally invasive surgery particularly of the prostate and kidneys.
- Prostate Cancer: Robotic Assisted Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy (RALP), Pure Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy (LRP)
- Kidney Cancer: Laproscopic Radical Nephrectomy, Laparoscopic Partial Nephretomy
- Pelvi-ureteric Obstruction (PUJ): Laparoscopic Pyeloplasty
- Stone Disease: Flexible Ureteroscopy and Flexible Pyeloscopy and Laser Destruction of stones (in the ureter and kidney)
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH): 'Greenlight' and 'Evolve' Laser prostatectomy.
He was the first Urologist in Australia to obtain a Fellowship in laparoscopic urology at the completion of his training in Australia.
1991 - Graduated from the University of New South Wales
1997-1999 Urological training at Gosford Hospital, St. Vincent's and Royal North SHore Hospitals
2000-2001 Churchill and John Radcliffe Hospitals Oxford, United Kingdom
2001-2002 Laparoscopic Uro-Oncology Fellowship, Hampshire with Chris Eden
Dr. Eden is recognized internationally as an authority in laparoscopic radical prostatectomy and Dr Vass helped establish the Fellowship program under Dr. Eden.
Dr. Vass then spent time with Professor Guy Vallancien and Bertrand Guillonneau at the Institut Mutualiste Mountsouris in Paris and also Dr. Inderbir Gill at the Cleaveland Clinic gaining further expertise in laparoscopic urology.
Upon returning to Australia he was appointed to the Royal North Shore, North Shore Private, The Mater and The Sydney Adventist Hospitals and was selected as a founding Urological and Robotic surgeon at Macquarie University Hopspital.
Dr Vass is a pioneer of laparoscopic Surgery in Australia:
- The first surgeon to establish Laparoscopic Radical Prostatectomy and had the largest experience.
- One of the most experienced Laparoscopic Kidney surgeons for Renal Cancer and Pelvi-Ureteric junction obstruction
- Over 150 Laparoscopic Radical nephrectomies, Over 100 Laparoscopic Pyeloplasties and over 60 Partial nephretomies
- One of a few select surgeons to be accredited to perform Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy
Dr. Vass specialises in the minimally invasive treatment of prostate cancer and renal cancer utilizing both da Vinci robotic assisted and pure laparoscopic radical prostatectomy. He has one of the largest experience of laparoscopic radical and partial nephrectomy series in Australia.
He has also undergone specific training in minimally invasive stone treatments and the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia utilizing traditional Transurethral Resection of the prostate (TURP), Greenlight laser prostatectomy and 'Evolve' laser prostatectomy.