Post-Discharge Instructions for Cystoscopy
- Depending on your procedure, blood may be visible in your urine. Drink plenty of fluids over the next few days to prevent blood clots forming in the bladder, as blood clots may cause difficulty in passing urine.
- Burning and stinging may be experienced on urination. Drink plenty of fluids and take “URAL” (obtainable from pharmacies without prescription) three times daily for the next few days to relieve symptoms.
- You may be prescribed antibiotics. Take the full course as directed.
- After discharge, if you are unable to pass urine and experience pain/discomfort in your bladder, contact your surgeon or report to nearest casualty department.
- Report any problems or concerns to your surgeon or G.P.